Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Night Rider!!!!


I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rollin' dice. Step right up, germ, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!

Well, maybe not quite.

This past Friday, Chuck and I did a century ride down to the Cape.  What made it special was that we started at 9PM and finished at 5:30 AM the next morning.  I used my new IQ Cyo and Schmidt hub to light the way.  It was an absolutely gorgeous ride, as the weather was nice and the full moon was out.

One of the reasons for the night ride is that we are doing the Boston Brevet series 400K this Saturday, and wanted to get a good chunk of night riding in before the event.  I must say that night riding might be my new thing.  It is a completely different feeling to ride when there is no traffic, and the night just seems to bring a certain calm to the ride.  Here's some pix:






Knee Update:
The knee continues to hurt, but was manageable over the 100 mile trip to the Cape.  The real test begins on Saturday at 4 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment